A non-profit organization that supports Yosemite national park and the visitors who come to the park. If you are new to the Conservancy, I encourage you to check out all the opportunities. If you are looking for a special experience while you are in Yosemite, consider some of the hikes, trips and camping that they offer.
The mission statement of the Conservancy:
“Providing for Yosemite’s future is our passion. We inspire people to support projects and programs that preserve and protect Yosemite National Park’s resources and enrich the visitor experience.”
Some of the project that they have worked on in the park:
- Trail restoration throughout the park
- Habitat restoration
- Wildlife protection projects
- Scientific research
- Bear-proof lockers
- Glacier Point restoration for the visitor center
- Yosemite Fall visitor restoration to transform the trails and visitor area leading to Lower Yosemite Fall.
- Tunnel view parking area
- Reintroduce the Sierra Nevada bighorn sheep back into their natural habitat.
- And much more.
The Conservancy also promotes services to help connect people to Yosemite and enhance their visit.
Outdoor adventure programs led by experts include:
- Bird watching
- Photography workshops
- Museum exhibits
- Summer theater programs
- Ostrander Ski Hut
- Hiking trips
- Day hikes
- High country camping trips
- Youth Programs
- Provide in-park information
- Bear canister rentals and bear proof food lockers throughout the park
Website full of activities to enhance your Yosemite visit
Check out the Conservancy website to find the latest activites for Yosemite. You will find something for everyone.
You can support the Conservancy by visiting the bookstore online, or the in-park bookstores for the many books or DVDs which many are published by the Conservancy and all the profits go to support the many projects in Yosemite.
Online store: http://www.yosemiteconservancystore.com/233/Shop.htm
You can also give online at: https://secure.yosemiteconservancy.org/donate/
Fast Facts 2014 Highlights
- Support to Yosemite National Park: $10.8 million
- New projects: 35
- Total grants to Yosemite National Park: more than $81 million
- Yosemite license plates purchased: 100,000+
Love Yosemite? Show the world!